Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ugly Paper Challenge

So I have been MIA most of this year on here, but I did finally manage to upload a layout I recently completed for an Ugly paper challenge. I haven't scrapped in so long and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Here are the "ugly" papers I recieved and "ugly" embellishment:


I loved the dragonfly paper and the mermaid paper made me laugh since it went along with my screen name on scrapbook.com so well :)

After some hunting through pictures and playing with paper options I decided to scrap "Along the River". Last year I went out to lunch with one of my best friends and afterwards we went to a park area along the river. Here is the layout I created to capture the day:



I used the dragonfly paper as part of the background. To dull the colors of the bright papers I sanded the edges and center with an nail buffer. I made a small rosette out of the dragonfly paper as well and inked the edges.

The mermaid paper was a challenge. I decided to make my rosettes out of this paper and inked the edges with a button center. I also pleated the title background and hand stitched it on one side to keep it together. I used letter brads to create my title.

I love the way this came out and I can't wait to do this challenge again next month as well as find some more time to scrap!

Happy Scrapping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment