Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My 1st Craft Show in Pictures

I took the advise of many craft boards and practiced my booth set up before the show. I used a tape measure and blue painters tape to mark off a 10x10 spot in the driveway. I used 4 folding folding tables, table covers, card holder, and standing pegboard, the raised shelves were made out of boards and soup/veggie cans covered in red napkins :)


I set up for the craft show Friday before the show. It took me about 2 hours from the time I left my house to the time I left the venue for set up. I had to rearrange my tables since I ended up having an end spot and didn't have a vender on my other side. My one neighbor had white sheer screens and worked to my advnatage this is what I came up with:

I took me about 2-3 hours to get all my merchandise organized and car trunk loaded the night before the show--I was exhausted by the end of it all and I had a very early morning!


I arrived to the show about 545am! yes that early!! It took me about an hour to set up all my merchandise and tape my 50ft extention cord to the ground. I relaxed and ate my breakfast-a cream filled donut :) I then started to work on an explosion box for the show.

One thing I was glad I didn't get was DRAMA--there was booth across from me with nothing but yelling bickering as they set up! it was pure entertainment as I scrapped away waiting for the show to start.

The following are are pictures of me in my 1st booth and close ups of my tables:



I had a blast working my 1st show. I made some $ and more importantly I got my name finally out there and got some contacts that were interested in my work wether it be in personal scarpbooks, invitations or even teaching classes!! this exposure was priceless and I can't wait to do my next show !

Happy Scrapping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment